Sunday 5 October 2014

G2 Appaloosas

Sundays and Tuesdays are my days off from work (posting about that soon, as I've recently asked if I can take my camera up and photograph the horses on my lunch break, to which the reply was yes) so I like to spend these days doing hobby or art related things. I found a pair of Stablemate Appaloosas in my bodybox today and felt inspired to do some resculpting before my mid-day driving lesson. Please excuse the black-and-white photos, they were looking a little worse-for-wear and the greyscale helps them look half decent!

The first chap is my first go at this scale plaits (I may have posted him a week or so ago?). He still needs his forelock, tail, manly parts, and details, but I think he looks like a nice show horse.


The second is marginally less simple, yet still not too complex, shifting forward a gear to a nice medium trot. I've only done the basic moving, it still needs refining and re-shaping a little. The original plan was to re-sculpt and dish the face, pin the ears, replace the mane with long, flowing locks, and an arabian tail thrown back over the quarters. However, I think he would now make a cute little dressage horse, with a slightly roman profile, pulled mane and plaited tail. And I'm also growing attached to this original-finish tail. Sigh, indecision. And in an indecisive strop, he jumped off the table and threw his hind leg 'somewhere' across my art-room floor. Anyway, he still needs his forelock, tail, privates, and details, and then to be raised up on an acrylic rod to get his feet off the ground into the 'moment-of-suspension'. 




And to fuel my current resculpting love, hobbyist Mia Dyb Wangsmo has been posting photoshopped images of the Breyer stock photo all over the Facebook group as inspiration. This could be a good week for me and my apoxie!
(Below photos credited to Mia Dyb Wangsmo)


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the dressagey trotting one! I've always wanted to do that to that mould!

    ReplyDelete