Thursday 1 May 2014

Throwback Thursday #2

I've missed a few Thursdays so far, but here's a little throwback to last July, when Leah asked me to take some photos of her young mare, Mia. Mia is a 5 year old cob X sports horse mix, and carries a homozygous colour gene, meaning she will always throw coloured foals. Her dam, Molly, is also kept on the farm and is a large coloured, they look pretty alike. Leah intended to sell Mia and focus back on Molly, but this little mare just wont budge, shes been viewed several time, once they even said they'd take her (she wouldn't load into their box and they immediately gave up and didn't want her anymore) so she's still chilling in the fields a few years later. Leah and I are planning to start backing her this summer, which could be pretty amusing and I'm assuming we'll both end up with some bruises! Oh well, enjoy these snaps from last summer.







I've always meant to get around to painting a copy of her, but I procrastinate so much that there's no hope in hell I'll get around to it any time soon. At least I have half a tonne of reference images for her, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment