Wednesday 20 August 2014

Job Hunting

Some of you may know I've been on the job hunt recently, and they I've just done a short trial period at Emily Llewllyn's evening yard in Surry. I had a really good time, surrounded by nice people and wonderful horses, and just thought I'd share a few (rather terrible) phone photos!

The lad on the left is Junior II, simply known on the yard as Junior. He's one of the big-shots, but surprisingly quite a quiet horse, spending a lot of time at the back of his stable and such. By contrast, the grey on the right (I've forgotten his name!) was always over his door, being nosy and wanting attention!



The still forgotten grey on the left was definitely a big character on the yard, always had to know everything! The beautiful center grey is Lilly, who reminds me a lot of Kelly Savage's 'The Babysitter'. And the chap on the right is Eddie, generally friendly, but likes to nibble everything and everyone!


The hobbyist in me made note of some of the wonderfully interesting markings these horses have, and, as always, I marveled over the details that cover them, especially their faces.


And last but not least, this chap was my favourite on the yard, Teddy (Crystal Rock). Look at his handsome face! He had 4 white socks to go with that stripe, what a smart lad! I'll have to get a portrait painted up at some point!



I'll let you know in a few days if I'll be returning. Till then, I have some commissioned portraits to work on, and some more re-sculpting to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment