Tuesday 26 August 2014

Tip Tuesday: Medallion Process II

The long awaited continuation of my 'Dylan' medallion sculpt. To be honest, he hasn't got much further! I've been a bit here-and-there recently. But I thought I'd better do something to him this month! So yesterday I freed up some time, and sat down for an hour or so to started on his eye. The below images are taken with two different light angles, a before and an after for each light direction.

I also reworked the nostril after realizing the angle was wrong (it's still a little off, but its on it's way to working right), tried (and failed) with the mane again, and worked a little more on all his wrinkle detailing. He's still a long long way from done, I can reel off a list of things that still need work as long as my arm .. and there I was, in his first post, saying I was going to try and have him done by the next week .. HA!  I'm such a terrible procrastinator! And I can't work on him all this week, I'm off in the motorhome to the Great Dorset Steam Fair! I promise to return with a LOT of photographs of the heavy horses strutting their stuff!

(Click the photos to view them bigger!)



Also, here's some shots showing his depth and relief. I think it's substantial enough, especially if he ends up on his planned base.


No comments:

Post a Comment