Wednesday 2 April 2014

Current Sculpts In The Works.

I thought I had best introduce you to my two work-in-progress pieces.

Currently, I'm working between two equine sculptures, one during term-time up in London, the other gets worked on when I am back at home during holidays. Both are Stablemate (1:32) scale, which I think only goes to proves that I am a little bit insane, and will require rods once they're finally completed. They are both worked from SuperSculpy over twisted wire armatures.

Firstly, my term time sculpt is this chap, a Spanish Lipizzaner gelding, performing one of the 'airs above the ground' known as the capriole. I started work on him in October '13, and spend time on him when there's a dip in the amount of coursework needed.



My second piece is this mare, jumping at speed. She's based on a chaser from the pages of Horse & Hound, however, when done I hope she'll be mutli-discipline. Perhaps jumping into the water jump on a cross country course, or part of a hunting scene. I began work on her in late December '13, and I'm only able to work on her when I am back in East Sussex during my breaks from college, so she's going to be a slow one.


No comments:

Post a Comment