Wednesday 3 September 2014

In Memory Sketches

Recently, we have lost several wonderful horses from our world. Wild Lone, Harry Meade's WEG mount, died after the cross country phase (30th August '14). Shear H2O, Leslie Law's Olympic partner, passed away in his sleep (28th August '14). Robert Whitaker's Finbarr V was put down (28th August '14). A horses died during the WEG Endurance race. Presley boy, a showjumping stud, was put down. Closest to me was a horse belonging to MHL forum member Russinka., the horse named Ruby (or Dragon). Her post made me smile, it made me cry, and it was wonderful to read through their relationship. I'm sure it reminded many people of their own equine friends.

I drew these quick sketches in their memory. I did not just want to read the articles and continue on about my day. Though only a few minutes, each of these signifies a very small part of my day that I dedicated to these great horses.



1 comment:

  1. I've only just seen this, thank you so much for your wonderful words and drawing.

    ReplyDelete