Monday 14 July 2014

Brightling Weekend

This weekend was Brightling International Horse Trials, which is held very near my home, and its one of the only times I get to photograph horses that aren't just stood in their fields! It's a ODE held over a two day period, with BE90 and BE100 held on the Saturday, and then Novice, CIC* and CIC** held on the Sunday. Though not a big show, some of the great have made their way around its course, this year including Oliver Townend, Andrew Nicholson, Francis Whittington, and the ever great Mary King. You can see all my photos from the weekend here.


The venue, as always, was stunning, the riders' skills was terrific, and the Pimms helped me ignore the ridiculous sunburn I got (when I left the house, it looked like it was going to chuck it down!). The sun shone and the skies cleared by 11am on both days, much to my seething hate. There is next to no shade around most of the course and I'm not one for sitting in the sunshine! One of the things I love most about being at the smaller horse events rather than just watching the big ones on TV, it that you can hear the riders. I heard many shouts of "Gee-UP!" and "Come on, boy-oh!", as well as the odd "You little bugger!". Watching the riders interact with their horses is brilliant. And, as per usual, the good-sportsmanship was top-notch, the riders in the warm ups were friendly, with both the spectators and each other, and I don't think I saw a single rider not pat their horse on the way out the ring or on the final stage of the XC course.

Here are some of my favourite snaps, and you can view the rest here. Feel free to use them for reference images, just maybe link back to me? Thanks :D






 






No comments:

Post a Comment