Friday 11 July 2014

Jumping Mare Update

With Brightling Horse Trials this weekend, I've been putting a little time in on the jumping mare today. I still can't convince myself to work on her lower legs .. such teeny tiny feet! Also, my apologies in advanced for the blurry pictures, and my hands in every one, its currently the only way I can get her at the angle she'll be at the end, poll in line with the top of her quarters.



I think I've done quite well at capturing her muscle groups and the flow of the movement in general, and the proportions look pretty correct to my eyes. Her legs, head, mane, and tail all obviously need working on, but I'm quite happy with the direction she's heading in.




I really like her full-body twist as she pushes over the jump, however it's not translating well over photos at all. When she's finished, maybe I'd release a video of her from all angles, that might show it better.

She's still got a heck of a long way to go, but I'm a proud mama currently! At the Trials tomorrow, I'll be photographing all the action, and I'll make a mental note to take as many landing pictures as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment